Committed consumers are even more willing to put their money where their mouths are. Among this group, 73% to 86% say they would pay extra for food products with health and wellness attributes that resonate.source: L.E.K.’s 2018 Food and Beverage Survey
Ninety-three percent of consumers want to eat healthy at least some of the time, with 63% trying to eat healthy most or all of the time. Out of 1600 surveyed, L.E.K.’s report came to three main conclusions:
- Consumers look for nuanced claims that communicate specific attributes related to health and wellness, ethics, and the environment.
- Consumers want their food to have an increasingly wide range of benefits.
- Consumers will pay more for food that delivers the benefits it claims.
Cater your menu to the healthy eater. Yes, it’s possible to have a healthier pizza, burger and dessert option! Let’s work together with your chef to transform your menu into one that serves allergies, intolerances, healthy choices, mindful and ethical practices, and includes wholesome ingredients that nourish the body and mind. Learn how ingredients work in the body so you can better market your business to a healthy clientelle.
Book our Nutritionist for a menu consult today.
A menu that includes Nutritionist-approved ingredients that really count, is a Menu with Benefits.
Discover ways to
- offer gluten-free options that taste great
- include Ayurvedic principles
- add plant-based, vegan or vegetarian options
- create a “healthy options” section on your existing menu
- substitute trans fats with anti-inflammatory omegas
- add healthy desserts that are free from refined sugar
- include protein-rich or low-carb meals for specific diets
- ramp up your menu descriptions to catch the attention of healthy customers
- be more environmentally friendly with take-out packaging
- create mindful portions
The Menu with Benefits package for restaurants includes:
- an analysis and report of your current menu (are meals balanced?)
- a menu makeover catering to healthier ingredients and diversity
- suggestions and CFIA approved edits to the menu copy to promote health and wellness
- use of “Nutritionist-approved” on your menu and marketing material and use of the “Menu with Benefits” logo for your website
Fees: $525 for the Menu with Benefits package | $95/hr for follow ups, events, and future edits, cooking and TV segments, and PR engagements. (Prices may vary and do not include prep and travel time. Contact us for a quote)
We can represent your restaurant in articles, publications, trade shows, events and TV segments.
Request a quote